US Wellness Meats is owned and run by family farmers with an eye toward the future and a respect for the past.
US Wellness Meats was founded in 2000 in Monticello, Missouri (pop. 98) by visionary farmers, who saw that big-business cattle-raising practices were taking a toll on our animals and our health. By returning to rotational grazing practices that are good for the planet and good for our cattle, we led the way in introducing a new generation to the unmatched taste, tenderness, and healthiness of grass-fed beef.
Our animals live by the nature-approved grazing practices of the bison of the American Great Plains.
For thousands of years, bison thrived in abundance on lush North American grassland. Millions of animals lived in harmony with the land by continuously moving from one grazing area to the next, allowing grassland to regularly renew itself. The relationship was good for the animals and good for the planet. By applying these same practices, US Wellness Meats farmers have introduced the same thriving balance to our own farms. Our animals don’t need antibiotics or growth hormones to grow big and healthy. Our land doesn’t need pesticides or artificial irrigation systems to develop rich, fertile biodiversity.
Quote: Our animals don’t need antibiotics or growth hormones to grow big and healthy. Our land doesn’t need pesticides or artificial irrigation systems to develop rich, fertile bio diversity.
Our healthy meat has developed a healthy following.
It turns out that what’s good for animals and the planet is also good for you. Our meat is tender and tasty, but it doesn’t have all the excess fat of animals fed with grain in confinement. It’s full of nutrients that can only come from a fully grass-fed diet—omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A, vitamin E, and CLA—and free of all the pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics that are found in grain-fed beef. With so much to love , our loyal customers include everyone from professional chefs and pro athletes to home cooks, those on special diets, and parents and kids.
Here is a list of posts from different social media platforms made by customers:
- The Herald-Whig's Farm & Field magazine USWM Named 2017 Agribusiness of the Year Award
- Is Your Thyroid Begging For Relief? Find The Red Letters. We Are What We Eat.
- @wildideabuffalo A beautiful prairie sky over the buffalo herd!
- The Paleo Running Momma Sweet Plantain Bacon Apple Hash
- @uswellnessmeats At less than $4 each, Minute Steaks make for an affordable, easy lunch. Just a sprinkle of @primalpalate spices is a nice way change up the flavor.
- @girlwiththehipsterglasses Grilled Garlic Beef Frank
- @enjoyingthisjourney Ribs with BBQ Sauce
- Gunthorp Farms New USWM Partner Gunthorp Farms
- @whatggmaate If you need a fun (and SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS) twist on regular ol' chicken wings, you gotta make these Sweet and Sour Wings!
- @grassrootscoop Good mooooorning!
- @perchancetocook I made my Thyme Infused Roasted Chicken recipe today and now my house smells AMAZING
- @jays_bakingmecrazy These Easy Paleo Korean Beef Bowls are fast, healthy, and delicious! Ready in under 20 minutes and only 8 ingredients!