Episode 4 of the Summer Grilling Series brought to you by the Fairy Gutmother!
The summer season brings hot days and parched lips. The need for energizing drinks and crisp, refreshing meals is high! Carley Smith meets our summer needs with this grilled chicken recipe coated in a zesty lemon marinade and paired with a biting cucumber yogurt sauce. Perfect to make ahead or enjoy fresh off the grill, the chicken is complimented with veggie skewers, a salad, or your favorite sides.
Grilled Chicken + Cucumber Sauce
USWM Shopping List: Pasture-raised Chicken Breasts
- 1 lb. Pasture-raised Chicken Breasts
- 2-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 Tbsp bone broth
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- 1 chopped cucumber
- Chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp dill
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Add the chicken to the marinade and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- Prep the Greek yogurt sauce by stirring all ingredients together. Store in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill thoroughly and to allow flavors to infuse.
- Optional: slice your favorite vegetables and add to skewers to toss on the grill alongside the chicken.
- Once your meat is marinated to your satisfaction, allow it to come to room temperature. Then, place the meat on the grill at medium heat, reserving marinade to spread on the meat about halfway through the cooking process to keep it moist.
- Flip after 3 minutes, splash the marinade over the chicken, and add a couple of slices of lemon to each chicken breast. Allow chicken to cook another 3 minutes on each side.
- Plate up the chicken with veggie skewers, a salad, or your favorite sides. Dollop on the cucumber yogurt sauce for a fresh, zesty flavor experience.
- This chicken is great to have on hand throughout the week!
Our Discover Blog has great recipes, health-related articles, and more!
Carley Smith, aka The Fairy Gutmother, is a Nutritional Therapist and Certified GAPS Practitioner with a passion for helping others improve their gut & immune health. Carley was diagnosed with Lyme disease and practiced the ancient art of healing through food. Please visit Carley’s Featured Chef page and Fairy Gutmother for more information.