Sometimes all it takes is a little creativity to make classic dishes fit into your lifestyle. Burgers are a staple in many homes, but sometimes the classic burger buns no longer fit in your dietary needs, and that’s okay because who said burgers have to have bread buns? July 2020 Featured Chef Heather Brown has the perfect solution for you, her Whole30 Sweet Potato Bun Sliders! These bite-sized treats are sure to satisfy your cravings. They would also be the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
“Even if you aren’t eating paleo or Whole30 foods, this is a delicious appetizer that’s also super filling with the guacamole, beef and sweet potatoes! The great thing about this recipe is you can customize it however you would like, The basics you need for this recipe are beef, sweet potato buns and then honestly, you can use whatever toppings appeal to you and your crowd”
Whole30 Sweet Potato Bun Sliders
Recipe By: Heather Brown, My Life Well Loved
USWM Shopping List: Ground Beef
- 1 Lb USWM Ground Beef
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Small Red Onion
- Combine beef with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Form in small patties and set aside. (Number and size will depend on the number of sweet potato slices you have.)
- Slice sweet potatoes into ¼-1/2 inch thick slices.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave. In a small bowl, toss sweet potato slices in coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes (flipping half-way through). Edges should be slightly crispy.
- While potatoes are roasting, grill the burgers on a grill pan or grill. Place patties on a well-heated grill/pan flipping after 3-4 minutes, and cook until desired doneness.
- Slice toppings like red onion and tomato.
- Assemble burgers, placing a mini burger in between two roasted sweet potato slices.
- Garnish burgers with arugula, red onion, and guacamole or mayo and your desired toppings.
Browse more recipes on the Discover Blog.
Meet Heather Brown! Hailing from Birmingham, Alabama, Heather is your go-to girl for delicious recipes, healthy tips, and lifestyle must-haves. As a mom of two boys, she knows a thing or two about creating recipes the whole family will love. You can learn more about Heather on her lifestyle blog, My Life Well Loved.