This book is probably the best cookbook you could ever read for your health.
I came across it when I was rearranging my library at work with my son recently. It was a 100-year-old collection of recipes and advice called the White House Cook Book.
The first section is on meat.
The second section is on soups with meat.
You can get halfway through the book before you see anything that’s not focused on the meat!
It’s a perfect example of the real primal food I reCommend to free you from the inflammation-friendly American diet and the diseases that come with it.
In other words, all the foods that Big Agra and the diet dictocrats told us to eat are actually giving us heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
Replacing Dietary Wisdom With Corn
The truth is, when we swapped the fat and protein-based meals of our grandparents’ generation for starchy cereals and carbohydrate-packed “health foods,” we didn’t become healthier at all. We got sick — and in epidemic-sized numbers.
Now Big Agra’s cheap grains have polluted almost every part of our food supply — from grain-fed cattle and poultry to every processed, packaged meal on every grocery store shelf.
Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley even uncovered that the average American consists of 69% corn.1
That means we’re basically jUst walking corn.
The Big Agra powers are lining your grocery store with breads, pastas, cereals, processed granola bars, low-fat foods and trendy sweeteners. But it gets worse. They also supply the grain and antibiotic filled animal feed for the meat you eat.
Your body wasn’t built to eat this way. It throws off the balance of your gut’s natural microbiome. Grains have sophisticated defense mechanisms that help them survive.
In fact, whenever you eat them, you’re ingesting enzyme blockers designed to ward off predators. The most common enzyme to get zapped in your gut by grains is protease, which you use to digest protein. Other biochemicals from grains block amylase, the enzyme that digests starch.
Grains also sabotage our health with proteins called lectins. When grain lectins enter your digestive tract, they bind to your intestine walls, affecting how you absorb the food you eat. You can end up with leaky gut syndrome, when holes in your gut let toxins seep into your bloodstream.
And studies show that when lectins get into your bloodstream, they set off a chain reaction of immune Responses that can lead to autoimmune diseases, like rheumatoid arthritis or multiple sclerosis.
The solution is to return to the way our ancestors ate, like the food in the White House Cook Book.
Eat Your Way Healthy with Boned Roasted Leg of Lamb
Of all the recipes in this book, my favorites are the hearty and nutrient-rich menus. I’m talking about foods like stewed brisket of beef, baked fish, braised duck, and root vegetables like carrots, beets and Brussels sprouts.
One of my favorites is a roasted leg of lamb.
- Take the bone out of a small leg of lamb. (Fill the hole where the bone was with a stuffing made from diced onions and celery, chopped apples, mushroom and cauliflower, butter, a beaten egg and your favorite herbs.)
- Sew the underneath to prevent the stuffing from falling out. Then bind and tie it tightly.
- Put the leg in a roasting pan with a cup of cold water and bakE it in a moderately hot oven, basting it occasionally.
- When partly cooked, season with salt and pepper.
- When thoroughly cooked, remove and place the leg on a warm platter.
- To make gravy: skim the grease from the top of the drippings, add a cup of warm water and thicken with a teaspoon of arrowroot flour.
- Serve with the gravy, along with a dish of currant jelly or mint sauce.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
DID YOU FIND THE RED LETTERS?: CURE
Now you’re ready to fill your shopping cart with tasty, nutritious grass-fed, wild-caught, and free range favorites! Use the Red Letter Discount Code to save. This Discount Code is valid Sunday, May 19 – Wednesday, May 22, 2019. That’s 96 hours to save!
- Discount code cannot be applied to previous orders.
- Applies to any order under 40 lbs.
- Excludes sale items, volume discounts, and gift certificates.
Please note, discount codes cannot be applied to items that are already on sale or discounted.
Visit our Discover Blog to read more Dr. Sears articles.
Books & DVD’s: Al Sears MD
Healthy Supplements: Primal Force
Natural Beauty Solutions: Pure Radiance
1. Dr. Sanjay Gupta. “If we are what we eat, Americans are corn and soy.” CNN. 2007.