One of the easiest and delicious stove top meals is a stir fry! A stir fry can evolve to fit each and everyone’s taste, but a classic option is a veggie chicken stir fry. February 2021 Featured Chef Kim Delatorre has shared her version of a Vegetable Chicken Stir Fry, and we can’t wait to give this one a try!
“We went to the grocery store to purchase some yummy veggies. I let the kids handpick which two veggies they most wanted. They chose broccoli and mushrooms! I was a bit shocked, to say the least! I never thought they would have picked out those two things! I say that is a great start though!
We serve this with white rice, but any kind of rice will work. It is so delicious and this is my go-to meal when I don’t know what else to make because I know everyone will eat it! Let me know if you make it and how it turned out!”
Vegetable Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Recipe By: Kim Delatorre | Shop With Me Mama
USWM Shopping List: Chicken Breast
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (chopped)
- 1.5 cups Soy Sauce (or 1:1 coconut aminos)
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 package of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 – Small white onion, chopped (you can also use green onions)
- Flour (to thicken the sauce)
- Cut chicken up into bite-size pieces and cook until browned
- While the chicken is cooking, make the white rice according to package instructions
- Chop up the onion and add to the chicken
- Add 1 1/2 cup of soy sauce, stir
- Add 1/2 cup of red cooking wine
- Add 2/3 cup of white sugar, stir (this is optional)
- Add red pepper flakes and stir (I just sprinkle in how much I want!)
- Add in sliced mushrooms and sliced broccoli
- Last, but not least, add a couple of spoonfuls of flour into a small cup of hot water, stir until dissolved then add the mixture to the stir fry and mix thoroughly.
- Stir and let it simmer for about 15 more minutes
Visit the Discover Blog for recipes and more.
Kim Delatorre is a stay at home mom to 3 children. She enjoys baking, cooking, crafts, interior decorating, and having fun with the family. Kim has been featured on Cision as one of the Top 50 US Mom Bloggers and as one of the Top 50 Review Blogs. Check out her Shop With Me Mama Blog for cooking and family project ideas or to find the best deals for the home.