Pasture raised chicken and turmeric…paleo perfection! Golden and delicious…these are sure to be a hit! Preparation on these is simple and in 30 minutes you’ve got a mouthwatering, healthy side dish or appetizer. The turmeric adds a punch of flavor, nutrition, and of course the golden color. Our thanks to Featured Chef Michelle Hoover for sharing her Turmeric Chicken Meatballs Recipe.
PHOTO CREDIT: Michelle Hoover/Unbound Wellness!
- 1 lb pasture raised ground chicken
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
Instructions for Turmeric Chicken Meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the ground chicken to a mixing bowl and stir in the egg, coconut oil and seasonings. Mix to thoroughly combine.
- Roll the mixture into meatballs and place them evenly spread out on the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Top with green onion, sesame seeds, and serve with a veggie side dish or as an appetizer.
Many Thanks to Michelle Hoover who is US Wellness Featured Chef for October 2017. Michelle is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Food Blogger for her site, Unbound Wellness! After being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s as a teen, Michelle discovered the healing benefits of the paleo diet and it’s restorative affects on the gut. Today, she is passionate about sharing her story and helping others find their own healing journey. Visit her blog and order her e-book, 30-day Gut Healing Diet Plan & Guide for more inspiration.