Turkey Tacos with Homemade Slaw
Chipotle seasoned turkey with red cabbage slaw, served on grain free paleo tortillas.
These Turkey Tacos are a sure fire hit! Pasture raised ground turkey is the center piece of this meal. Quick, healthy and delicious! This recipe works just as well with ground beef or chicken, and is a staple for my Taco Tuesdays.
USWM Shopping List: Ground Turkey
- 1-2 pounds ground turkey
- ½ red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ tbsp each of Salt-Garlic-Chipotle
- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- Put oil into a pan on medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and diced onion to the pan
- Saute the garlic and onion for about a minute or until the garlic starts to slightly brown
- Add the turkey, keeping the pan on medium/high heat. Take a spatula and continually chop up the meat in the pan while combining with the onion, garlic and oil
- Add spices and a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce (a few dashes of coconut aminos is my favorite but optional) while continuing to chop and mix the meat. Continue until fully browned all the way through, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from heat
- Grab your favorite tortillas and place on a baking sheet and throw them in the oven for 2 minutes at 250F.
Favorite Taco Topping:
Red cabbage, carrot, cucumber slaw in a delicious sauce
- 1/2 head of red cabbage
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp each of Salt-Garlic-Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 lemon(squeezed)
- Either finely chop, spiralize or use a paderno to prepare the cabbage, cucumber and carrot
- Mix all three in a bowl and add olive oil, coconut aminos, squeezed lemon juice and spices
- Toss or mix by hand. Use as a salad, as a base for a bowl or for a delicious crunch on tacos
Meet The Recipe Author:
USWM Featured Chef, John Schwint, is an accountant and gourmet home chef. Follow John on instagram and facebook for more simply delicious, healthy recipes.