Recipe & Photos courtesy of Kate Kordsmeier | Root + Revel
Our thanks to Past Featured Chef, Kate Kordsmeier for sharing this mouthwatering recipe for Grilled Steak Marinade.
Kate’s grilled steak marinade recipe is simply delicious and will definitely wow your friends and family with a savory taste sensation. 100% grass-fed, sustainably raised beef steak is the perfect choice when you want a special meal or need to impress.
Let’s get to work grilling, shall we?
Recipe Author: Kate Kordsmeier | Root + Revel
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: Your Favorite Grass-fed Steak
- 1-2 pounds grass-fed steak of choice
- 1/2 cup organic Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons organic Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon organic red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons organic parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons organic avocado oil (only needed if cooking on the stove)
Instructions For Grilled Steak Marinade
- In a large glass bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients (tamari through black pepper) and stir to combine. Pour marinade over steak and let sit for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight, in the fridge. I like to put the steak into a sealable bag and pour the marinade in, shake it up and let sit.
- When ready to cook your steak, preheat your grill to 400F. Cook steak, flipping halfway, until an internal thermometer reads 135F for medium-rare. The length of time will depend on the cut of steak you choose and how thick the steak is. Generally speaking, I recommend 5 minutes per side per inch of steak. But you’ll have to watch the steak closely and monitor the temperature to ensure it’s cooked to your liking.
Meet The Chef
Kate Kordsmeier is an advocate for a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition. At her website, Root + Revel, Kate will empower you to live a more non-toxic life. Expect real food that tastes as good as it makes you feel. Deep dive into natural + holistic wellness topics, with a focus on hormones, gut + thyroid health. I’m living proof this natural lifestyle and healthy food heals!