Is it just us or is meatloaf one of those dishes you appreciate more and more as you get older? The simplicity and taste is unmatched, which is why it has been a staple in family kitchens for decades. March 2021 Featured Chef Jillian Vander Ploeg is here to take this classic dish to the next level. Follow along with her Grain-Free Meatloaf recipe below. A special thank you to Jillian for sharing this recipe with us!
“This is a classic dish that is on repeat in our home. It is easy to make and the whole family can enjoy. You can also prepare this ahead of time, freeze, and bake when ready!”
The Best Grain-Free Meatloaf Recipe
Recipe By: Jillian Vander Ploeg, Healthy GAPS Mama
Servings: Serves 3-4 People
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 -1 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- Optional: Top with your favorite GAPS or Paleo Ketchup or tomato paste with a little honey, you can also add some cut up sugar free bacon to your meatloaf for some extra deliciousness!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and placed on a lined baking sheet
- Bake in the oven for approximately 1 hour or under the temperature reaches around 160 degrees Fahrenheit
Visit the Discover Blog for recipes and more!
Jillian Vander Ploeg
Jillian Vander Ploeg believes in food as medicine. She is passionate about nourishing recipes that give the body the tools it needs in order to heal. The GAPS diet has helped her to heal her own health issues including IBS, anxiety, hormone imbalances, and much more. She works as a Certified GAPS Practitioner & Registered Nurse to help aid others on their journey of healing. Check out her website here: www.HealthyGAPSMama.com