It’s Thanksgiving Turkey time! Family and friends are on their way over for fun, food, and fellowship. You’ll need a centerpiece turkey that steals the show. Pasture raised turkeys have amazing flavor and they’re loaded with all of the nutrition nature intended without all of the additives.
Our friends at Primal Palate have an easy recipe that will make you look like a 5-star chef. Enjoy!
Recipe Author: Bill and Hayley (Primal Palate)
PHOTO CREDIT: Thanksgiving Turkey from Bill & Hayley at Primal Palate
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper, including the body cavity.
- Stuff turkey with pork stuffing.
- Place any remaining stuffing into a baking dish, cover and place in the fridge.
- Rub turkey with duck fat.
- Tuck wings under the breast, and tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Tent turkey with aluminum foil, and place in the oven.
- Roast turkey 20 minutes per pound at 325 degrees, this will be about 5 hours for a 16 lb turkey.
- Place outside stuffing in the oven, uncovered for the last 20-30 minutes of cooking, or until the stuffing is crispy on the tops, and the pork is cooked through.
Meet The Chef
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. Find more delicious recipes at PrimalPalate.com. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from. We also carry their Organic Seasonings Mixes: French Onion Mix, Garden Ranch, and Taco & Fajita.