Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
Author: Kate Kordsmeier | rootandrevel.com
Serves: 4 servings
This Thai Grilled Chicken recipe is a fun twist on BBQ chicken with a bright and tangy Thai marinade. Thai chicken is easy, healthy and bursting with flavor, the perfect American meets Thai food recipe for summer grilling.
- ¼ cup fish sauce (I recommend Red Boat brand)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6-8 pieces of chicken, bone-in, skin-on (can use breast, thigh, legs, wings)
- In a small glass bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients (fish sauce through black pepper) and stir to combine.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag and pour marinade over top, reserving ¼ cup. Toss the chicken in the bag to coat and allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high. Once hot, add the chicken pieces, skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes over direct heat. Then flip the chicken and move to indirect heat. Take the reserved marinade and brush over top of the chicken skin with a pastry brush. Cook for 7 minutes, or until an internal thermometer reads 160F.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t have a gas grill, follow the instructions for grilling chicken on your charcoal grill. Or you can use a cast-iron skillet.
Thanks to Kate Kordsmeier, the founder of Root + Revel and freelance food and travel writer for this amazing recipe.
PHOTO CREDITS: Heidi Geldhauser