Here’s a delicious side dish that will go perfectly with a 100% grass-fed beef steak or pasture raised pork chop. Steph Lodge is the USWM March 2019 Featured Chef and has prepared this Tahini & Sweet Potato Wedge recipe for our readers to enjoy.
Tahini is a sauce made from toasted sesame seeds and is also one the main ingredients in hummus. It’s prominent in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes.
Recipe Author: Steph Lodge | The Athlete’s Kitchen
Photo Credit: Tahini & Sweet Potato Wedges by Steph Lodge | The Athlete’s Kitchen
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 Tbsp broccoli sprouts
Directions For Tahini & Sweet Potato Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray with coconut oil.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in halves until they’re a wedge-like shape and size (or really whatever shape or size you want).
- Place them in the oven to bake at 400 degrees for up to 40 minutes or until they start to brown on the bottom.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, prepare your tahini.
- Take tahini and spread evenly on a plate or bowl.
- Grab your scallions and chop up until desired size.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, layer them on top of the tahini.
- Sprinkle scallions and sprouts as you wish.
Meet The Chef:
Steph is a writer, competitive weightlifter and nutritional consultant with a passion for health and wellness. She is the founder of The Athlete’s Kitchen, a website dedicated to providing its audience with articles, recipes and the latest nutritional information on their favorite foods. Find her on instagram or at http://www.TheAthletesKitchen.com