This BBQ burger recipe was made for spending a summer evening on the patio. Elevate your typical burger night by using only the freshest, grass-fed beef, juciy, in-season peaches, and ooey-gooey Muenster cheese! Is your mouth watering yet?
Sweet As A Peach BBQ Burgers are sure to be a summer recipe you’ll want to repeat!
Recipe Author: Lexus Anderson (July 2018 USWM Featured Chef)
USWM Shopping List: 85% Grass-fed Ground Beef
PHOTO CREDIT: Lexus Anderson/Home Chef Lexus
- 1 lb 85% grass-fed ground beef
- 1 T salt
- 1 T fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup white onion (dice half, reserve the other half sliced for later on)
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- 2 fresh peaches, de-pitted & cut into quarters
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T honey
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 chipotle peppers (in adobe sauce)
For serving: Pretzel buns, butter lettuce, homemade baked fries (find on my blog, under “Nacho Mama’s Nachos!“).
Directions For Sweet As A Peach BBQ Burgers:
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, and the diced onions in bowl.
- Form into 4 seperate thin patties. Fold over cheese slices in half, then half again, and set that in the middle of two of the patties. Rest the other two patties on top of those, gently pressing down around the edges to close up the cheese inside the burger.
- Place patties in freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm up while you make the BBQ sauce.
- Place a small sauce pan on high heat.
- In the sauce pan, add peaches, brown sugar, honey, chiotle peppers, and chili powder, along with a tablespoon of water. Let that come to a boil, then smash with a potato masher or a large fork, and turn down to low to simmer while the burgers cook.
- Lay burgers down on a well oiled grill, and cook on one side for 5-6 minutes until browned, then carefully flip over to the other side for another 5-6 minutes.
- Lay your onions slices on the grill while your burgers finish cooking, lightly charring and caramelizing to your liking.
- Layer your burger up on a pillowy bun, starting with lettuce (to catch all of those delicious burger drippings!), burger patty, that sweet peach BBQ sauce, and finally, the icing on the cake, those perfectly browned onions. Enjoy!!
Meet The Chef:
Lexus Anderson is a home chef who enjoys cooking real, wholesome food and grocery shopping for healthy meals on a budget! She lives in Springfield, Missouri with her husband, Taylor, and their two dogs, Rey & Yoda.
Lexus is a full-time bridal consultant at Normans Bridal. “The only thing I love more is coming home after a busy day working with beautiful brides and cooking up a storm in my kitchen. It is truly where I am the happiest! – Happy Cooking!” ~ Lexus