November 2017 Featured Chef Aimee Wilson shares her recipe for Sticky Orange Beef. Aimee uses the cleanest ingredients she can find for her amazing recipes. Fortunately she found US Wellness Meats for a dish featuring 100% grass-fed, grass-finished, sustainably raised ground beef. Enjoy!
Recipe Author: Aimee Wilson/OneFullPlate.com
PHOTO CREDIT: Aimee Wilson/OneFullPlate.com
Ingredients (5-6 servings)
- 1 LB of 75% Lean Ground Grass-fed Beef ( I prefer US Wellness Meats)
- 2 TBSP of Raw Honey (I prefer Sourwood Killer Bees Honey)
- 1/2 Cup of Garlic Coconut Aminos Sauce (which I order from Thrive Market)
- 1/4 Cup of Filtered Water
- 1/2 Cup of Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 TBSP of Orange Zest
- 1 Dash of Ground Ginger, Garlic Powder Tumeric, and Sesame Seeds
- 2 TBSP of Organic Sesame Oil
- 1.5 TBSP of Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped asparagus and carrots
- 1 cup of sliced broccoli and radish
Instructions For Sticky Orange Beef
- Heat up a deep large skillet to medium high heat and add 2 TBSP of Sesame oil.
- Dump in the the broccoli and carrots and let cook for 8 minutes or until warm. While the veggies are cooking, prepare the sauce.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining Sesame oil, Arrowroot starch, finer, turmeric, Sesame seeds, orange juice, water, honey, orange zest, and coconut aminos. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the ground beef, asparagus, and radish to the skillet. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once the meat is browned, pour the sauce in the skillet and let simmer.
- Pour over cauliflower rice or real rice and enjoy! ( I was lazy and used a broccoli slaw mix from Fresh Thyme)
About The Author: