July is here! This month, we are excited to introduce to you our Featured Chef: Gil Butler of The Primal Chef. Gil has a passion for grass-fed meats and all-around healthy cooking via his research of the Paleo diet. His initial interest in the Paleo diet led him down a path where today he now creates healthy homemade meals for celebrities and business executives in Los Angeles. See Gil’s Main Featured Chef Page to learn more about his story, check out his Instagram page for inspiring meals, watch his YouTube cooking show, and get inspired by 81 recipes found in his Primal Paleo Cookbook.
“My favorite recipe using grass-fed meat would be a simple grilled ribeye steak topped with chimichurri sauce!” – Gil
The beauty of a simple and delicious grass-fed steak recipe is that while the work in the kitchen is minimal, the efforts of intentional farming and the nourishing nutritional profile are complex. May we appreciate the labor of our farmers and we reap the benefits of grass-fed meats. Let’s see how Gil prepares his favorite grass-fed dish!
Steak with Chimichurri
yields 1/2 cup
- 2 tbsp shallot, minced
- 1 red jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Remove steak from refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Just before cooking, season with salt.
- Pan sear, broil, or grill steak to medium-rare.
- Let rest.
- Slice neatly, keeping the order of pieces for plating.
- Serve with chimichurri.
- Chimichurri instructions: combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
Gil Butler, The Primal Chef, is a health-focused private chef in Los Angeles cooking for some of the highest-profile people around including business executives and celebrities. Gil specializes in ancestral-style foods for Paleo, Keto, Whole30, Bulletproof, Carnivore, AIP, gluten-free, allergy-free, and just overall healthy food.