The Standing Rib Roast is an elegant main dish that is sure to please everyone at your gathering. This roast weighs in at 6+ pounds and fills the house with the savory, mouth-watering scent of grass-fed beef. US Wellness also has smaller and bigger standing rib roasts depending on how many you’ll be feeding.
Recipe Author: Haley and Bill/Primal Palate
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 min
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: Standing 4-Rib Beef Roast
PHOTO CREDIT: HALEY & BILL/PRIMAL PALATE
- 5 lb Rib Roast Beef Roast, [approximately 4 ribs]
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 Tbsp ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp ground Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Process for Standing Rib Roast
- Allow prime rib to sit at room temperature for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to roast at 500 degrees.
- Brush prime rib on all sides with mustard.
- Sprinkle prime rib with spice mixture and press spices into mustard coating.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place prime rib onto a broiling pan, fat side up.
- Roast at 500 for 15 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 350 and continue to roast. 15 minutes per pound yields rare, 20 minutes per pound yields medium, 25 minutes per pound yields well done.
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from: Griddle & Grill 3 pack (Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Seafood Seasoning), Signature 3 pack (Adobo Seasoning, BBQ Rub, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning), Everyday AIP Blends 3 pack (Super Gyro, Breakfast Blend, and Garlic & Herb)