Recipe & Photos courtesy of Hayley and Bill | Primal Palate
Lamb steaks can be a wonderful red meat alternative to beef steaks, especially if you’re looking to change things up on the menu. Grass-fed and grass-finished lamb has similar nutritional benefits and the flavors are rich and inviting.
Lamb can be prepared in a multitude of ways and is considered a staple protein in the Middle East, Northern Africa, India, Italy, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Mongolia, China and all parts in between. This richly delicious red meat is gaining popularity here in the states as well and not just in the spring months.
Our thanks to Hayley and Bill of Primal Palate for sharing this lamb steak recipe. Back in 2012, US Wellness Meats was honored to have Bill and Hayley visit our farms in northeast Missouri.
Recipe Author: Hayley and Bill | Primal Palate
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8 min
Total Time: 18 min
US Wellness Shopping List: Lamb Steak
- 16 oz Lamb Steak, 2 steaks
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Mix garlic, coriander, cumin and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle over both sides of steaks.
- Add red pepper flakes to each steak, more or less depending on your preference for piquance.
- Sprinkle with salt, both sides, to taste.
- Grill steaks for about 4 minutes per side (for medium internal temperature). Adjust grilling time to your liking.
- Pressing on the steaks with tongs should give moderate yield in firmness for medium internal temperature.
- Allow to rest for 3 minutes, then serve.
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. Find more delicious recipes at PrimalPalate.com. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from. We also carry their Organic Seasonings Mixes: French Onion Mix, Garden Ranch, and Taco & Fajita.