“This simple and delicious Spanish Bison Stew is hearty and nourishing, making it a cozy meal to gather around la mesa.”
Our August 2022 Featured Chef, Stephanie Gonzalez, grew up with “the kitchen being a marvelous place where wholesome dishes were created, mouthwatering aromas graced the air, and an invitation to sit, gather and connect was an essential component to the food we ate.” Her joyful memories fill her with love as she continues to make the kitchen a place of nourishment for the body and soul. This Bison Stew recipe supports a well-balanced lifestyle. It is full of intentional ingredients and serves flavor and aromas that create a warm, inviting atmosphere.
Spanish Bison Stew
Spanish Lunch/Dinner Recipe | 4-8 servings
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 40 minutes | Total: 1 hour
- 1 lb Bison Stew Meat
- 3 cups Beef Marrow Bone Broth
- 3 Organic Large Carrots, chopped
- 3 large Organic Yukon Gold Potatoes, chopped
- 1 Organic Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Organic Vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 Organic Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Organic White Cooking Wine
- ½ cup Spring Water
- 3 tablespoons Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Celtic or Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Organic Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Organic Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Organic Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Organic Dried Oregano
- Organic Avocado, Topping (optional)
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, bison, salt, and pepper. Once the meat has finished cooking, remove it from the pan and set it to the side.
- In the same pot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the chopped onion, garlic, and carrots. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Yukon gold potatoes, red pepper, spices, cooking wine, and combine the ingredients. Continue cooking the ingredients over medium heat, stirring periodically, for another 8 – 10 minutes or until the vegetables have softened a bit.
- Add in the beef marrow bone broth, water, and cooked bison. Stir all ingredients together and set to low-medium heat, letting the stew simmer for roughly 30 minutes.
- Once the stew is ready, serve warm and garnish with dried oregano and avocado if desired.
Stephanie Gonzalez of Miami Wellness Club® is a Certified Holistic Health Coach, Wellness Entrepreneur, Natural Foods Chef, and Believer in All Things Possible. Steph fosters healing from the inside out, addressing root causes to promote restoration and liberation. She specializes in acne, allergies, adrenal fatigue, gut health, life purpose, mindfulness & meditation, weight loss, and women’s health.