Meatloaf is that classic dish that is a go-to comfort food! Who knew a chunk of ground meat could make us all so nostalgic. You may think there’s only one way to do meatloaf, but that’s not true! Featured Chef Bill Harlow puts his spin on a class with his Smoked Mini Meatloaf.
Smoked Mini Meatloaf
Recipe By: Bill Harlow | @cookwithbill
· 1 pound lean ground beef
· 2 teaspoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
· ½ cup diced Spanish onion (or other sweet onion)
· ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
· 2 tablespoon mustard based-BBQ sauce
· 1 egg
· 1 tablespoon sweet BBQ rub
· ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese blend)
· 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1. Preheat smoker or offset grill to 300 degrees F
2. Heat avocado oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook to golden. Remove from heat and add mustard-based BBQ sauce.
3. In a bowl, combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, BBQ rub, cheese and onion mixture.
4. Mix until well blended
5. Form 6 individual meatloaves. Spread 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce over each meatloaf.
6. Smoke for 45 minutes
7. Serve on their own or on a potato roll.
Looking for more recipes? Visit the Discover Blog!