When it comes to smoked proteins, Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may not be the first choice that comes to mind. Our July Featured Chef, Jeremy Platt from Platt Daddy BBQ, has a delicious smoked recipe that proves otherwise. Snag your favorite wood chips and gear up for moist and tasty chicken thighs. Let’s get smoky!
Smoked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Recipe By: Jeremy Platt | @plattdaddybbq
USWM Shopping List: Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Jeremy utilized 4 lbs of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs from USWM in this recipe. Our 1 lb. package contains approximately five thighs. We recommend adjusting the quantity according to the number of guests you are serving. According to Jeremy, “All chicken from US Wellness is wonderful!” so make sure to stock up!
- A gallon of ICE water
- Cup of salt
- Cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 TBS granulated garlic
- 3 TBS Granulated onion
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (apple, white grape, or peach)
- Fully submerge chicken in the brine overnight in the fridge.
- Now it is time to cook. Take the meat out of the brine and pat them dry.
- Season them with your favorite BBQ seasoning. “At Platt Daddy BBQ, we have our own rub called Oink Dust.”
- On to the smoker at 250 degrees. We will cook these on the smoker until an internal temperature of 160 degrees is reached.
- Let them rest for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Looking for more tempting recipes? Browse our Discover Blog!
Meet Jeremy, a Missouri native who brings mouth-watering smoked meats and treats to the Tri-State area on a daily basis. He is the talented chef and co-owner of Platt Daddy BBQ in Quincy, IL, a family-owned catering company that has now expanded to its very first brick-and-mortar restaurant. Having worked hard to achieve this level of success, Jeremy is filled with a sense of self-respect and empowerment that comes from making the necessary sacrifices in the culinary industry.