It’s poppin’, it’s poppin’! These Smoked Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers by February 2021 Featured Chef Kim Delatorre are the perfect appetizer for any event. With Super Bowl LV just weeks away, these tasty little poppers are just the thing to make for game day. Thank you to Kim for providing us with this yummy recipe!
“Oh, my goodness, these Smoked Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are SO good! They are perfect for Super Bowl parties or get togethers of any sort. I made them last weekend, just to see if they were something my family would really want to eat on the big game weekend, and sure enough, everyone loved them! There were no leftovers around here. This jalapeno poppers recipe is a bit different from your regular jalapeno poppers recipe because there is bacon involved! EVERYTHING is better with bacon!”
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Recipe By: Kim Delatorre | Shop With Me Mama
- 12 Medium/Large Jalapeno Peppers
- 2 – 8 oz. packs cream cheese
- 1 package of bacon (you will need one strip of bacon for EACH jalapeno half)
- Brown Sugar (optional)
- Chili Powder
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pre Heat Oven to 375 degrees (if you want to smoke these and then grill them like I did, set your Traeger/grill to smoke and put these jalapeno poppers on either a grilling sheet OR tin foil and put them directly on the grill. Close the lid of the grill and smoke for about 20 minutes or so. When they are done smoking, turn the Traeger/grill up to 375 and grill the jalapeno poppers for 20 minutes, turn them over and grill them for an additional 15 minutes for a total of 35 minutes).
- In a bowl, soften cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds, checking softness and mixing, then putting back into the microwave for another 20 seconds, checking on it until you have it the softness needed to mix it with ease.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese (I am not giving a measurement because I just sprinkle in however much shredded cheese I want).
- Mix the shredded cheddar cheese and softened cream cheese together until mixed completely, set aside
- Wash the jalapenos and dry them. Cut them in half and scoop out the seeds and insides, throw the seeds/insides away.
- Add the mixture of cream cheese and cheddar cheese into the center of each halved jalapeno.
- Wrap each individual halved jalapeno filled with the cream cheese/cheddar filling with one bacon strip
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the tops of each bacon-wrapped jalapeno
- Sprinkle Chili powder over the tops of each bacon-wrapped jalapeno
- Put them into your preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning them over, then continue cooking them for an additional 15 minutes (total of 30 minutes. You can add an additional 5 minutes for extra crispy bacon which I like). If you want to smoke and grill these, see the directions above! The jalapeno poppers recipe is SO dang GOOD!
Find recipes and more on the Discover Blog.
Kim Delatorre is a stay at home mom to 3 children. She enjoys baking, cooking, crafts, interior decorating, and having fun with the family. Kim has been featured on Cision as one of the Top 50 US Mom Bloggers and as one of the Top 50 Review Blogs. Check out her Shop With Me Mama Blog for cooking and family project ideas or to find the best deals for the home.