“Pork chops are one of my favorite things to cook and these chops got nice and sweet with a Hawaiian-inspired seasoning.” — May 2022 Featured Chef, Bill Evans
It’s grilling season and our May 2022 Featured Chef, Bill Evans, has the perfect recipe for bone-in pork chops! Using the pellet grill, smoke these chops at high heat to an internal temperature of 130°F and then sear on the gas grill to an internal temp of 145°F.
Smoked and Seared Thick Cut Bone-In Pork Chops!
Recipe & Photos by Bill Evans | @bbqwithbill
USWM Shopping List: US Wellness Meats Bone-In Pork Chops
Prep Time: 1 hour
- US Wellness Meats Bone-In Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Lane’s Kapalua Seasoning
- Set your pellet grill at 220 degrees/high smoke setting.
- Coat the pork chops in olive oil by pouring it over the meat and then rubbing it for full coverage – this gives the seasoning something to stick to.
- Generously coat the meat in Lane’s Kapalua seasoning.
- Place on the smoker until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 130°F.
- Turn on the gas grill to high heat.
- Sear on the gas grill until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
Browse the Discover Blog for recipe inspiration and wellness tips!
I’m a home chef in my free time and started BBQwithBill on Instagram about a year ago to share cooking tips and recipes. I live in Arizona which has great grilling weather year-round. I live with my wife, stepson, and mother-in-law who drive a lot of my recipe experiments.