Beef Cheek is a thick muscle that adds a wonderful flavor to specialty dishes and is extremely tender. It is best cooked slowly using moist heat. If you are a savvy food connoisseur, you will want to give Featured Chef Bill Harlow’s Smoked Beef Cheeks a try. Don’t miss out on this unique cut!
Smoked and Braised Beef Cheeks
Recipe By: Bill Harlow | @cookwithbill
USWM Shopping List: Beef Cheeks
- 2-3lb Beef Cheeks
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (or avocado oli)
- 1-2 tablespoons of beef rub
- 1-2 can of Ginger Beer
- 1 9X13 Aluminum Foil Pan
- Aluminum Foil
1. Preheat your smoker of off-set grill to 275 degrees F
2. Apply a thin coat of olive oil to use as a binder
3. Apply an even coat of your favorite beef rub. I prefer charcoal based rubs for the color contrast and flavor.
4. Cook Beef Cheeks for 2 ½ hours
5. Place Beef Cheeks in disposable metal tray, then fill the tray with ½ inch of Ginger Beer.
6. Seal tight with foil and return to smoker for 2 ½ hours. Use a skewer to check for tenderness. Looking for the skewer (or probe) entering and leaving with no resistance.
7. Remove the beef from the smoker/grill and let rest for 30 minutes.
8. Serve sliced or shredded. Perfect for sandwiches or tacos.
Visit the Discover Blog for recipes, health tips, and more!