Recipe & Photo courtesy of Sean Coonce | Pastured Kitchen
This might be one of the simplest, prep-it and leave-it meals that nearly everyone loves. A slow cooker is a friend to many busy families, and those who just love an extremely tender, juicy, and flavorful meal. Instant pressure cookers fit this description too and can cut down the time on this recipe even further.
Our thanks to Sean Coonce (Pastured Kitchen) for sharing this delicious slow cooker shredded beef recipe.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 hours
Total Time: 10 hrs 5 min
- Rinse chuck roast and pat dry
- Mix all spices and garlic together and coat chuck roast evenly and set aside.
- Slice onion into half rings and place half in crock pot.
- Slice carrots and place half in crock pot. Add broth to cooker.
- Place chuck roast on top of veggies and remainder of veggies on top of the roast.
- Leave in crock pot for 6-8 hours on high or 10-12 hours on low. Beef should break apart easily when done.
Meet The Chef
Sean Coonce has battled epilepsy since childhood. While on a Paleo diet, Sean has reduced dependence on medications for managing symptoms. He’s been able to thrive using food as medicine. For more recipes and cooking tips, visit Sean’s website, Pastured Kitchen.