by Morgan Peaceman | Nomaste Hungry
“I’m a believer in easy, approachable, no-nonsense recipes, and having this slow cooker in my arsenal of reliable and handy kitchenware is very important. The best part about making a slow cooker recipe is that everything goes into the pot relatively at the same time. You dial in the temperature setting, set a timer, and let the slow cooker do its thing.”
“This recipe is a riff off of the classic Mississippi Pot Roast, which uses similar ingredients, except mine is taken up a notch by making them into delicious sliders paired with the au jus you get from the slow-cooked pot roast. It’s the most delectable, savory, drool-worthy recipe, and is the perfect dish for a slow cooker.” – Morgan Peaceman.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 4 hrs
Rest Time: 10 min
Total Time: 4 hrs 15 min
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: Pot Roast
Servings: 4 people
- 2 Lb USWM Pot Roast
- 1 Jar sliced pepperoncinis
- 2 Cups beef or vegetable stock
- 2 Cups water
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Packet au jus seasoning
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- 12 Small dinner rolls sliced in half
- 8 Slices Provolone cheese
- Making the Pot Roast
- Start by popping the sides of the slow cooker and remove the lid. This is an extra large slow cooker, so you have loads of space in here! From there, add in the pot roast, and pour in the pepperoncinis, the au jus seasoning, stock, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir a little and poke the pot roast with a fork to tenderize just a bit.
- Add in the salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Close the top of the slow cooker, no need to close the clips as this is just for transporting the slow cooker.
- Turn the temperature knob to high and set a timer for 4 hours.
- Once the timer is done, the pot roast should be fork-tender. Remove the pot roast and shred using two forks.
- Add the meat back to the pot and turn the dial on the slow cooker to warm.
To assemble the sliders:
- Slice open a few small potato dinner rolls. Using tongs, grab some of the pepperoncini pot roast from the slow cooker and spread it evenly across the rolls.
- Layer a few slices of provolone on top and close with the tops of the rolls.
- Ladle a cup of au jus and serve alongside the pot roast sliders.
Add one tablespoon of flour to the au jus in the slow cooker, stir to thicken the sauce, and it becomes a gravy to use for other dishes or sides like mashed potatoes.
If you’re looking for a tasty recipe to impress your friends and family, look no further. This one is a crowd-pleaser and so yummy that you’ll want to make it on repeat. Give it a try, and let me know what you think! For more recipes by this month’s Featured Chef, Morgan Peaceman, and so much more, check out our USWM Discover Blog.
Introducing our Featured Chef for December 23′, Morgan Peaceman! After being diagnosed with H. Pylori in 2014, Morgan took control of her health and has since been supporting health-conscious families with their meal planning. She provides easy-to-follow recipes that relieve the stress of cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Morgan’s favorites include an excellent grass-fed steak or roast, for which she sources only the best-quality meat from US Wellness Meats. You can find her on her blog or social media accounts: FB, IG, Pinterest, and TikTok!