For an easy dinner made gluten-free but full of flavor, here’s my Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Green Chiles. This recipe is also paleo and Whole30 friendly and comes to us from past USWM Featured Chef, Carrie Forrest of Clean Eating Kitchen.
Recipe Author: Carrie Forrest of Clean Eating Kitchen
USWM Shopping List: Free Range, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
PHOTO CREDIT: Carrie Forrest of Clean Eating Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, for sautéing
- 1.75 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon Primal Palate Taco Seasoning
- 2 4-ounce cans of green chiles
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
Instructions For Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs With Green Chiles
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Use tongs to add the chicken thighs to the pan. Place a lid on the skillet and cook for 3 minutes each side, turning the thighs over one time to cook evenly.
- Transfer the chicken to a 5-quart slow-cooker.
- Pour the green chiles over the chicken and sprinkle on the taco seasoning. Add the sprig of fresh rosemary on top.
- Cover the slow-cooker and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Serve hot with your choice of cauliflower rice, cooked brown or white rice, or your favorite side dish. Sliced avocado makes a great topping!
Here’s the link to Carrie’s original recipe post.
Meet The Chef
Carrie Forrest is the creator of the blog, Clean Eating Kitchen, where she shares easy gluten-free and dairy-free recipes and resources. Carrie is also the host of the Clean Eating for Women podcast, featuring interviews with health experts and influencers, along with stories from her own health journey. Carrie has masters degrees in business and public health nutrition, but, more importantly, has used a real food diet to recover from and manage multiple health conditions including PCOS, chronic migraines, anxiety, autoimmune disease, and cancer.
Carrie’s work inspires women to take control over their health, with a focus on holistic and natural healing. Find Carrie online at her website, www.cleaneatingkitchen.com, or on Instagram and Facebook @cleaneatingcarrie.