Slow Cooked Cinnamon Curry Steak
RECIPE AUTHOR: Bill and Hayley of Primal Palate
Sometimes we need to throw some good meat and veggies in the crock pot and hope that something amazing will come out with little effort at all. The slow cooker is probably the paleo foodie’s best friend. Everything tastes amazing after cooking on low heat for hours, and it’s even better when you don’t have to put much work into the meal.
For this recipe we decided to play with some interesting flavors to (hopefully) create a tasty dish. The end result was pretty great. Cinnamon is surprisingly delicious when paired with Teres Major (aka Shoulder Tender Steak) or other steak, and the warm sweet flavor goes well with curry. We cooked the steak over turnip, parsnip, and onion. This dish is great comfort food for a chilly winter evening.
Moral of the story, when in doubt-just stick it in the crock pot.
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: Teres Major Steak (aka Shoulder Tender Steak)
- US Wellness Meats Teres Major Steak (aka Shoulder Tender Steak)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 4 turnips, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 5 whole cinnamon sticks
- Curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn crock pot on low.
- Place chopped turnip, parsnip, and onion on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Rinse Shoulder Tender steak under cold water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle steak generously with curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place steak over the chopped vegetables in the crock pot.
- Top steak with ginger, garlic cloves, and cinnamon sticks.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from: Griddle & Grill 3 pack (Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Seafood Seasoning), Signature 3 pack (Adobo Seasoning, BBQ Rub, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning), Everyday AIP Blends 3 pack (Super Gyro, Breakfast Blend, and Garlic & Herb)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
USWM Thanks to Hayley & Bill of Primal Palate for another wonderful recipe. Enjoy!