Buckle up: it’s a Landon take-over!
GiGi’s husband takes the stage with this crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside skillet-seared french ribeye. How could you go wrong with a grass-fed, pasture-raised ribeye, a layer of salt, a stick of butter, and a cast-iron skillet? Follow Landon’s detailed instructions in the video for optimal results.
And BEWARE: don’t get splattered by the hot Oreos!!
Skillet French Ribeye
Recipe & Photos by Gigi Ashworth| gigieats
USWM Shopping List: Beef French Ribeye, Grass-Fed Butter
- Grass-Fed Beef French Ribeye
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil or butter
- ½ stick butter
- Pat steak dry and allow it to rise to room temperature.
- Create your bark: liberally add and rub in a layer of salt to both sides of the steak. Feel free to add pepper, too!
- Don’t add steak sauce.
- Cooking the steak: see video. Heat cast iron skillet until it starts smoking then add cooking oil or butter. Add the steak to the pan by laying it away from you (to keep oil from splattering you) and sear for 1 minute each side, twice. If you like your steak rare, you might be done here. However, to increase doneness, add half a stick of grass-fed butter to the pan, swirl butter to melt, angle the pan and ladle the butter onto the steak. Do this for 1 minute each side plus an additional 30 seconds each side.
- Take steak off of heat and allow it to sit 5-10 minutes.
- Skip the plate, grab the steak by the bone, and eat it standing up in your kitchen. ENJOY!
Find more creative recipes on the Discover Blog!
GiGi Dubois Ashworth
GiGi Dubois Ashworth is a Certified Nutritionist, allergen-friendly cook, and popular food blogger/vlogger at GiGi Eats Celebrities. If you’re feeling like you need a good smile, check out her blog or Instagram @gigieats. GiGi’s witty presentations bring her humor into the kitchen along with simply delicious recipes!