Here’s a classic breakfast dish that will have you up with the sun and ready to enjoy a savory early morning meal. Of course this dish isn’t reserved only for breakfast as it also makes a nice lunch or dinner option. The timing of your meal may effect the portion size of your steak. US Wellness has large and petite size Top Sirloin Steaks as well as a smaller Sirloin Butt Steak that will also work with this recipe. If you haven’t tried Sous Vide, this is a simple way to get started.
Recipe Author: Sean Coonce | A Pastured Kitchen
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs
Total Time: 2 hrs 5 min
PHOTO CREDIT: Sean Coonce & Suzanne Robertson | Pastured Kitchen
- 1 petite top sirloin steak
- 2 tbs grass fed butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place whole egg in its shell in a preheated Sous Vide Supreme at 144°F (62.5°C). Cook for 1 hour.
- While egg is cooking, place sirloin steak and 1 tbs butter in a vacuum bag, season with salt and pepper and seal. Refrigerate.
- After 1 hour, reduce temperature to 132°F (55.5°C). This is optional but it will give you a nice medium rare steak as opposed to medium.
- Place sirloin in sous vide and cook for 1-2 hours.
- With 20 minutes to go, melt coconut oil in a saucepan on medium heat and add broccolini. Season with salt and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining butter to broccolini and sauté another 10-15 minutes or until broccolini is fork tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat pan on medium high and remove sirloin and egg from sous vide.
- Sear steak on both sides for 30-45 second each side and remove from pan.
- Slice steak across the grain and serve with broccolini and egg.
- Garnish with about 1 tsp chopped fresh dill and enjoy