This is a simple, easy to make recipe for the slow cooker from November 2018 Featured Chefs, Polly Conner and Rachel Tiemeyer of Thriving Home. The slow cooker does most of the work so the result is that much more appealing. Add the homemade BBQ sauce and it’s a real winner! If you’re short on time, pick up a clean bottle of sauce and enjoy. Our recipe for Shredded BBQ Beef makes a great freezer meal too.
Recipe Author: Polly Conner & Rachel Tiemeyer of Thriving Home
PHOTO CREDIT: Slow Cooker Shredded BBQ Beef Sandwiches from Thriving Home
Instructions For Shredded BBQ Beef
- In a small bowl, mix the onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper together.
- Rub the meat with the seasoning and place in the slow cooker.
- Pour BBQ sauce over the meat.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until beef easily shreds.
- Using two forks, shred the beef.
- Remove excess liquid and serve on whole wheat buns.
To Freeze: Rub the seasoning over the meat and place in a gallon size freezer bag. Pour the BBQ sauce over the meat, press the air out of the bag, and freeze next to a bag of wheat buns.
To Prepare: Let meat thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Cook in slow cooker as directed. Let buns thaw at room temperature. Enjoy!
Meet The Chef
Polly Conner & Rachel Tiemeyer are moms, friends and bloggers at Thriving Home, and cookbook authors of From Freezer To Table. They are self-described “Freezer Cooking Evangelists” and love to share how to make freezer cooking a lifestyle. Visit Thriving Home for more simple, healthy, family-friendly recipes.