Say it with us in a fancy accent: “filet mignon!” One more time, everyone: “filet mignon!”
Don’t you feel fancy now? This high-end cut is also grass-fed and grass-finished, boosting nutrient quantities and contributing to soil biodiversity and grassland sustainability. Impress your friends with that (and your cooking skills)! Remember to keep a close eye on the temperature because grass-fed meat is leaner than grain-fed and cooks quicker.
GiGi pairs this filet mignon with a dairy-free caesar salad and crispy butternut squash croutons. Without further ado, let’s get into the recipe!
- Filet Mignon
- Optional Caesar Salad
- Romaine lettuce
- Butternut Squash Croutons
- 1 ½ cup Frozen Butternut Squash, Cubed
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Anchovy Paste
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Season Filet Mignon with salt and pepper and allow to arrive at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Optional: Prepare the Caesar dressing by blending all ingredients in a food processor.
- Optional: Prepare the croutons by air frying the cubed butternut squash at 450°F for about 15 minutes.
- In an oven-safe pan, melt the butter or coconut oil over medium-high heat, add in chopped garlic clove and rosemary, and sear the steak for about 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer the pan into the preheated oven and bake to your preferred doneness. Remember to keep a close eye on the temperature because grass-fed meat is leaner than grain-fed and cooks quicker.
- Enjoy your fancy Filet Mignon alongside your homemade Caesar salad!
Find more simple and nutritious recipes on the Discover Blog.
GiGi Dubois Ashworth
GiGi Dubois Ashworth is a Certified Nutritionist, allergen-friendly cook, and popular food blogger/vlogger at GiGi Eats Celebrities. If you’re feeling like you need a good smile, check out her blog or Instagram @gigieats. GiGi’s witty presentations bring her humor into the kitchen along with simply delicious recipes!