This Salisbury Steaks recipe is “a comfort food favorite that’s quick and easy.” January 2023 Featured Chef, Melinda Keen, loves developing healthy recipes that allow people to live pain-free. These steaks use one of Melinda’s favorite ingredients: 100% grass-fed ground beef.
Grass-fed ground beef is high in protein, Omega 3s, CLA, Vitamins A and E, and much more! This recipe is considered a “comfort food,” and it actually provides comfort to your body! Improve joint health, brain function, immunity, and much more with grass-fed beef recipes like this.
Salisbury Steaks Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 6.5 ounce mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, as desired
- Mix the ground beef, diced onion, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Form 4 beef patties and fry in the butter until seared on both sides. Remove and set aside. These do not have to be thoroughly cooked.
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch into the water and add the milk to the skillet. Stir constantly, picking up the bits left in the skillet until thickened. (About 2 minutes)
- Stir in the mushrooms, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and then add the beef patties.
- Baste this with the gravy as they cook through.
NOTE: Serve over rice or rice pasta to keep the low recipe oxalate.
Browse nourishing organ meat recipes on the Discover Blog, along with expert advice, kitchen tips, and more!