Just in time for holiday meal preparations. This Rosemary Citrus Turkey recipe from our friends at Prep Dish is a mouth-watering sensation. See the end of this post for a special offer from Prep Dish. Enjoy!
Photo Credit: Prep Dish
Recipe Author: Allison Schaaf/Prep Dish
Prep Dish Tip: Make the marinade a few days in advance and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- ~10-12 lb free range turkey
- 6 oranges
- 3 lemons
- 3 bunches rosemary, roughly chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1½c olive oil
- 12c chicken broth
- 6T kosher salt
Instructions For Rosemary Citrus Turkey:
1) Into a large storage container big enough to hold brine and turkey, add zest and juice of 6 oranges and 3 lemons.
2) Then add in the following and mix well:
• chopped rosemary
• chopped garlic
• 12c chicken broth
• 1½c olive oil
• 3c water
• 6T kosher salt
3) Add ~10-12# turkey to brine and marinate for 24 hours (or up to 48 hours).
4) When ready to cook, preheat oven to 325 F.
5) Remove turkey from marinade and place breast side up on a shallow rack in roasting pan.
6) Cook for ~3- 3.5 hrs or internal temperature reaches 180 F in thigh or 165 in breast. Note: Loosely cover breast meat for remainder of cooking if starts to over-brown.
7) Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Prep Dish is a gluten-free & paleo meal planning website. Celebrity personal chef & dietitian Allison Schaaf thoughtfully crafts each plan using her own well-tested recipes. Each meal plan allows you, the home cook, to spend only 2-3 hours preparing a week’s worth of crave-worthy, gluten-free, healthy meals using seasonal, whole foods (nothing processed!). We aim to save you time while keeping your family’s taste buds happy.
Along with a weekly menu, you’ll get a printable grocery list and recipes for prep day — just one day of preparation yields scrumptious, good-for-you dishes all week long. Click to get a FREE 2 week Trial of Prep Dish meal plans.