Jessi is the creator of the blog Jessi’s Kitchen. She has been cooking in earnest since high school when she first discovered her passion for the kitchen. And for the last decade has been learning anything and everything about food, cooking, entertaining and styling. Diagnosed a couple years ago with an autoimmune disorder, she has revamped her kitchen and set about learning new styles of cooking and eating to accommodate her diagnosis.
At Jessi’s Kitchen you will find a mixture of gluten free, paleo friendly, vegan, and vegetarian recipes sprinkled with her affinity for southwestern flavors and the vibrant and refreshing tastes of peppers, citrus and fresh herbs.
- 1.5 lbs free range chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 2 Tbsp ghee or softened grass fed butter
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup bone broth or chicken stock
- 2 cups red grapes
- 2-4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine the ghee, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl and thoroughly mix.
- Place the chicken thighs on a plate and pat them dry with a paper towel. Take the ghee mixture and put some under the skin of the thigh and on top of the skin.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat and add the chicken thighs skin down and fry for 3-4 minutes or until skin is browned.
- Flip the chicken over and add the broth to the skillet and be sure not to pour on top of the skin.
- Add the grapes and few extra springs of fresh rosemary and roast for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165.