This Root Beer Ham will be the delight of everyone at your table. Marcus & Tamisha Washington share this recipe with us. It’s an easy recipe to follow and makes a beautiful centerpiece as well as filling the house with wonderful smells.
PHOTO CREDIT: Marcus & Tamisha Washington
Recipe Author: Marcus & Tamisha Washington
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: Sugar-Free Ham
- 1 Petite Sugar Free Ham
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsps hot sauce
- 24 ounces of Root Beer (Blue Sky Organic is a great brand to buy)
- 6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice and zest of ½ orange
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
Directions For Root Beer Ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the ham in a broiling pan and cut shallow gashes in the ham.
- Rub mustard over the ham. Once covered, coat in brown sugar.
- Put ham in oven.
- Combine all other ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Turn to a simmer then cook until the liquid volume is reduced to about one cup.
- Spoon glaze over the top of the ham.
- Continue to glaze, at 15 minute intervals, until it is all gone.
- Continue baking until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 160-degrees.
Remove your Root Beer Ham from the oven and allow to cool and rest for at least 30 minutes before carving.
Check out their USWM Featured Chef page!
Meet The Chef:
Marcus & Tamisha Washington are the fabulous Husband & Wife duo behind Him, Her, and a Fork. They are food, fitness, and lifestyle bloggers and have a passion for cooking up healthy, delicious foods. With the birth of their daughter, they will be developing a new “Baby” section to their website. Make sure you check out their site for some great ideas.