This savory roasted leg of lamb recipe will have your mouth watering as the oven begins to cook the grass-fed lamb. Hayley at Primal Palate shares this family favorite with us. It’s guaranteed to make it into your own recipe book. Enjoy!
Recipe Author: Hayley/Primal Palate
USWM Shopping List: Leg of Lamb
PHOTO CREDIT: Bill & Hayley/Primal Palate
- 1 head Garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp Thyme, chopped
- 5-6 lb Leg of Lamb
- 1/2 tsp Salt, to taste (and 1/2 tsp black pepper, if not following AIP)
Instructions for Roasted Leg of Lamb
- Preheat the oven to roast at 325°F.
- Rinse lamb under cold water, place in a broiler pan, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel cloves of garlic and carefully prick the lamb with a knife to stud with the cloves of garlic into the meat.
- In a mortar and pestle, blend thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Rub thyme, salt, and pepper on the lamb.
- Roast at 325°F, 25 minutes per pound to yield a medium-rare roast.
- Serve with roasted baby carrots.
Meet The Chef
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from: Griddle & Grill 3 pack (Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Seafood Seasoning), Signature 3 pack (Adobo Seasoning, BBQ Rub, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning), Everyday AIP Blends 3 pack (Super Gyro, Breakfast Blend, and Garlic & Herb) and the all new Food Lovers pack (New Bae, Amore, and Jerk).