Photos & Recipe courtesy of Gabriella Mezanava of Beyond The Bite 4 Life.
Here’s a light broccoli bacon salad recipe with a little sweet and a little tangy. Gabriella Mezanava shares this tasty salad recipe inspired by her childhood memories. Pair this with your favorite grilled steak, chicken, or pork chops for a nutrient dense meal. It’s a great option in place of potato salad or if you want a salad with a little more crunch.
Recipe Author: Gabriella Mezanava | Beyond The Bite 4 Life
- 1 medium head broccoli
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup raisins – omit for keto
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil mayo – omit for AIP
- 1 tsp black pepper – omit for AIP
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cut broccoli into florets and lightly roast at 425 degrees for 20 minutes until just cooked, transferring to a mixing bowl.
- Pan-fry or bake off the bacon in the oven until crunchy, then crumble into pieces and add to the broccoli.
- Add diced onion, bacon, broccoli, and raisins to the bowl.
Whisk together sherry, coconut sugar, mayo, pepper, and salt, then poor it over the broccoli and mix all contents of the bowl until fully incorporated.
Notes: Add chopped, toasted nuts, or a creamy goat or blue cheese for extra texture and flavor.
Meet The Chef
Our thanks to Gabriella Mezanava, certified chef, writer, and science lover for sharing her recipe. Gabriella uses diet, lifestyle, and personal primal knowledge to overcome the odds of healing from chronic Lyme Disease. See Gabriella’s blog, Beyond the Bite 4 Life, for more information.
“While there may not be an one-stop cure for the damaging effects that untreated, neurological Lyme had in my body since a young age, I believe that through Christ all things are possible. No illness, trial, or circumstance in life defines who one is, rather shapes them into all that they are meant to be.”
Check out Gabriella’s e-book, Organ Meat Makeover, for recipes, AIP dietary tips, FAQs and more!