Recipe Author: Sean & Suzanne of Pastured Kitchen
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
US Wellness Grocery List: 100% Grass-fed Leg of Lamb Steaks & Cultured Ghee
I’ve been on a bit of a lamb kick as of late. It all kind of started when I did the home cured lamb belly experiment. That turned out so well that I thought to try more to cook with lamb a little more often (usually my red meat source is beef). I’ve also expressed in the past that I’m a fan of pan roasting so I figured why not give it a shot here. After some tinkering, I finally was able to get this lamb steak recipe to my liking.
- 1 lb leg of lamb steaks
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 tbs ghee, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt to taste
- Add rosemary, thyme, mint, garlic and olive oil in a small mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Coat lamb steaks liberally with herb mixture and marinate for minimum one hour.
- When lamb is finished marinating, place it on the counter and let it come up to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Sear lamb in an ovenproof skillet for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place skillet in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes depending on how you like your lamb cooked.
- Remove lamb from oven and let rest for 1-3 minutes.
- Serve over Cauliflower Mash
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Spread out cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and coat evenly with half the ghee.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and stir cauliflower.
- Roast in oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and add to food processor.
- Add garlic, rosemary, coconut milk and remaining ghee and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.
Our many thanks to Sean Coonce & Suzanne Robertson of Pastured Kitchen for another yummy recipe. Please visit Pastured Kitchen for many more mouthwatering recipes.