Some of our favorite dishes are those that can be thrown into a pot, simmer, and then turn out absolutely delicious! When cold weather arrives, ours and so many others’ go-to dish is chili. Next time you have your own chili cook off in your kitchen, give January 2021 Featured Chef Kevin Rutherford’s Pumpkin Chipotle Chili a try. Kevin’s chili recipe includes the very popular USWM Ground Organ Blend. This blend uses ground beef with ground beef liver, heart, and kidney. It is packed full of essential vitamins and minerals. If you have been looking for a way to work organ meats into your diet, this recipe is perfect for you!
Pumpkin Chipotle Chili
Recipe By: Kevin Rutherford | Lets Truck
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 pounds Organ Blend, Ground beef with liver, heart, and kidney
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon ghee or butter, (30 ml)
- 1½ cups onion, diced, about 1 large onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoon chipotle in adobo
- 3 tablespoons Chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 16 0z pumpkin puree
- Diced Red Onion
- 1 Sour Cream
- 2 Cilantro
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- In your seasoned skillet or 5-6 quart large cast iron pot, brown beef, and garlic in ghee. Cook over medium heat until beef is thoroughly cooked and browned. Remove beef and set aside.
- Add onions, green pepper, chipotle, and seasonings to the skillet and cook until translucent over medium-high heat, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add cooked beef, tomato puree, and pumpkin into the pot and stir well. Bring everything to a boil, stirring frequently, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Check on the amazing mixture every so often and stir. Garnish and Serve immediately.
Find recipes and more on the Discover Blog.
Kevin Rutherford has been involved in the trucking industry his entire life. He bought his first truck when he was 22 years old. He is a Certified Financial Planner, Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and host of the wildly popular Trucking Business & Beyond Sirius XM radio show. He’s helped thousands of truck drivers to help them improve their business and health. Kevin has also developed the NDK (Nutrient Dense Keto) Diet to help drivers stay healthy on the road.