One of our favorite ways to use ground meat is by making meatballs! Meatballs are so much of a fan favorite around here that we even offer pre-cooked Adobo Meatballs as a product for our patrons. If you have a little time to cook we suggest trying this delicious Piccata Meatball recipe by August Featured Chef Stacey Venancio. Just looking at the recipe photo you know this one is going to be yummy.
Recipe By Stacey Venancio | Real World AIP
Yields 16 Meatballs
USWM Shopping List: Grass-fed Ground Beef (Stacey uses ground beef with liver, heart, and kidney)
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef (Stacey recommends the ground beef with liver, heart, and kidney)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbs minced capers
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, minced.
- ½ cup coconut milk (or substitute ½ c water + 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil)
- Optional: 2 tbs fresh chives, minced
- Add ground beef to a bowl along with salt, minced capers, 1 tbs lemon juice, oregano, and ½ of the basil. Mix well and form 16 meatballs.
- Add meatballs to a large pan and pour coconut milk or water/ oil mix over them. Sprinkle on 3 tbs lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on medium-high heat, moving pan to roll the meatballs around every so often so they cook on all sides.
- Once the meatballs are mostly cooked through, remove the lid, add the other ½ of the basil and cook for about 10 minutes, to evaporate the liquid and reduce the sauce until it is thick and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve.
Pro Tip: These can be made in large batches and frozen.
Recipes for every craving on the Discover Blog.
Stacey Venancio is on a mission to make the world a healthier, happier place through food, fitness, and mindset inspiration. She is a full-time ACE Certified Personal Trainer as well as an ACE Certified Health Coach. Through her blog, Real World AIP, Stacey shares delicious AIP recipes and inspiration to achieve a better quality of life.