We can’t wait to try this Petite Ribeye Steak Recipe by September 2019 Featured Chef Shauna Gilbert. If you are searching for a way to take meat to the next level, this Porcini Aleppo rub is just what you are looking for! Special Thanks to Shauna for creating this delicious dish.
This is hardly a recipe, but more of an assembly of delicious enhancements. Not that the high quality grass-fed steak from US Wellness needs much help! This rub is delicious, but subtle to let the beef flavor shine.
Photo Credit: Shauna Gilbert | Whole Bite
Petite Ribeye steak with Porcini Aleppo Rub Recipe By Shauna Gilbert
- 2 – 8 oz petite ribeye steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8th teaspoon red Aleppo pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked coriander seeds
- 1/2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms, finely ground in spice grinder)
- 1 tablespoon beef tallow
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
At least one day prior:
Dry the steaks well with a paper towel and evenly salt both sides. Place in refrigerator, uncovered until ready to cook. This will significantly enhance the flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. About 30-60 minutes prior to cooking, remove steaks from refrigerator.
- Mix the rub ingredients in small bowl and pat evenly into steaks on both sides.
- Heat cast iron pan over high heat. Add the beef tallow and once pan is slightly smoking, add the steaks (leave room in between).
- Sear well on both sides. Add the garlic cloves and place pan in oven for about 6-8 minutes depending on your desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Rub garlic cloves over steaks, finish with some good extra virgin olive oil or grass-fed butter(optional) and devour!