Recipe Author: Shauna Gilbert | Whole Bite
Shauna Gilbert is USWM Featured Chef for September 2019. Shauna is a healthy food blogger and Culinary Nutrition Expert (CNE).
This peach and habanero BBQ sauce recipe is spicy, sweet and oh so versatile. You can whip it up in 15-20 minutes and you will never go back to the store bought variety! It is amazing as a spicy change to the boring old cocktail sauce with these roasted shrimp (recipe below).
So, when you’re feeling spicy, wild-caught, pan roasted shrimp and this amazing sauce is a great dish to serve your friends and family. The sauce can be saved in a glass jar for future use as well.
Ingredients for Cocktail Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 small shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 fresh habanero seeded and minced. Add more to taste
- 1 large ripe peach peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce or Paleo ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon guajillo chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-ground Himalayan sea salt
Directions for Cocktail Sauce:
- In small saucepan, heat oil over med-low heat. Add the diced the
shallot and add to the pan. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until slightly
- Add minced garlic and habanero. cook for 1 minute, then add diced
peach, and remaining ingredients. Cook over med-low heat about 10
minutes until slightly reduced.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt or lemon to taste. Cool
slightly and place in blender jar or food processor and blend until
smooth. Add touch of water if too thick.
- Store in glass jar with lid, and refrigerate any unused sauce.
Ingredients for Pan Roasted Shrimp
- 1 lb. wild caught raw shrimp – thawed (shelled and deveined)
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1 T pork leaf lard, avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 T freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 T freshly chopped parsley
Directions for Pan Roasted Shrimp with Peach BBQ Cocktail Sauce
- Dry thawed shrimp very well, then sprinkle evenly with the salt.
- Heat a large stainless steel or cast iron plan over med high heat with chosen fat or oil of choice.
- When hot, add shrimp to cover pan in single layer (you may need to cook them in batches).
- Cook about 1 minute or until nicely browned, Slip and cook another 30 seconds or so until no longer opaque (be sure not to overcook).
- Remove to plate and cook remaining shrimp. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and service with habanero peach bbq sauce.