Recipe & Photos By: Bill & Hayley | Primal Palate
This Pan Fried Shrimp Bowl is so tasty you’ll want to make plenty to go around. The right tools and ingredients can make all the difference in the finished product. In this case, use sustainable, wild-caught shrimp and 100% wild rice and you will be well on your way to a delicious, mouthwatering meal. If you’d prefer, this can also be made with riced cauliflower. Either way, it’s a meal the family will love.
Wild Rice is a native American grass. It’s loaded with nutrients and it’s gluten free with a low glycemic index.
2 lb Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
2 clove Garlic
2 Tbsp Shallot, diced
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cups Cauliflower (or Wild Rice)
2 Tbsp Lard
2 tsp Primal Palate Seafood Seasoning
1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- Start by peeling and deveining the shrimp. Set aside or chill until ready to cook.
- Prepare the vegetables: chop the bell peppers, crush and mince the garlic, dice the shallot.
- Heat 1 tbsp of your choice of cooking fat (like olive oil) over medium heat in a large skillet. Saute the vegetables until soft.
- While the vegetables are sauteing, rice 1/2 head of cauliflower with a cheese grater or food processor. Add to the skillet, stir to combine, and cook over medium heat until everything is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, then reduce heat to low.
- In a separate skillet, heat another tablespoon of cooking fat over medium heat. When hot, add the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque. (about 2 minutes per side). Season liberally with Primal Palate Organic Seafood Seasoning, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the Vegetable Cauliflower Rice topped with the shrimp. (Parsley garnish is optional).
Note: Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines.
Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. Find more delicious recipes at PrimalPalate.com. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from. We also carry their Organic Seasonings Mixes: French Onion Mix, Garden Ranch, and Taco & Fajita.