Past Featured Chef, GiGi Dubois Ashworth, has a great time with her guest Brad Gouthro as they prepare this Paleo Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe. They make it as fun to watch as the stuffed peppers are to eat. Brad is a fitness and nutrition expert with a highly touted show of his own, Live Lean TV. Gigi is a former competitive athlete as well as a certified nutritionist. She has her own channel, GiGi Eats Celebrities, dedicated to healthy foods and lifestyle with a fun twist. Check out both of these high energy individuals on their respective channels and find out how to make healthy eating more fun.
Try this recipe with our grass-fed, 55% Lean Beef, Ground and make this Paleo dish keto friendly.
Recipe Credit: Brad Gouthro/Live Lean TV and GiGi Dubois Ashworth/Gigi Eats Celebrities
PHOTO CREDIT: Gigi Eats Celebrities/GiGi Dubois Ashworth
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 red bell peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp oregano
- fresh basil (optional)
Get Stuffed…Instructions for Paleo Stuffed Bell Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté your meat in the olive oil until it begins to brown.
- Once the meat had cooked, remove it from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the zucchini, summer squash and green bell pepper (all diced) along with one of the red bell peppers.
- Sauté the vegetables until cooked. Turn the heat to low and add in the tomatoes and the tomato paste along with the red pepper flakes, oregano and basil.
- You can add the meat back to the pan once the tomatoes have cooked down, or you can construct your peppers layering the veggies and the meat.
- Fill peppers and place them in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
For more awesome recipes from Brad Gouthro, we recommend his cookbook Eat Clean, Live Lean. You’ll enjoy 200+ Paleo recipes designed to burn stubborn fat.
GiGi Dubois Ashworth is a Certified Nutritionist, allergen-friendly cook, and popular food blogger/vlogger at GiGi Eats Celebrities. If you’re feeling like you need a good smile, check out her blog. GiGi’s witty presentations bring her humor into the kitchen along with simply delicious recipes!