We try to find easy-to-make, quick meal ideas for busy families who are trying to eat healthy. There are meals you want to spend time preparing and there are meals you just need something quick. Gather some fresh produce from your garden or the Farmer’s Market and make up a colorful salad to go along with this Paleo Ground Pork in a Pan recipe.
Recipe Author: Marla Sarris
PHOTO CREDIT: Marla Sarris
- 1 tablespoon grassfed butter
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 1.5 lbs ground pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
Instructions For Paleo Ground Pork In A Pan
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and stir consistently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, ground pork and beaten egg to the skillet. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Mix everything well.
- Using a wooden spoon press down on the mixture into the pan so the pork fills the entire surface of the skillet. It should look like one big burger! Season the top of the mixture with a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Let the pork cook for 4-5 minutes then flip it over. (If it doesn’t all flip over easily, don’t worry, in the final cooking time it will combine back together.) Leave until the meat is cooked throughout.
- When done, remove from heat, slice into quarters and serve.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Meet The Chef
Our thanks to Marla Sarris who is the creator of this and many other amazing recipes. Marla is the co-author of the cookbook, Pigskin Paleo and executive producer of the film, Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things. She’s also authoring a new cookbook, Paleo MX: Authentic Mexican Recipes, which we’re anticipating. You can learn more about Marla here.