Here’s a tangy taste sensation perfect for summer grilling. This Chipotle Lime Skirt Steak recipe brings zesty and savory together for an amazing marriage of flavors. It’s also nice to have a recipe that doesn’t take long to prepare and still offers a gourmet meal hot off the grill. Bill and Hayley’s choice of seasonings here aren’t what you might expect but they really bring the flavors together. Enjoy!
Recipe Author: Bill & Hayley/Primal Palate
USWM Shopping List: Inside Skirt Steak
Photo Credit: Bill and Hayley/Primal Palate
- 1 1/2 lb Skirt Steak
- 1/3 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice, (Juice of 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, to garnish
- 1/4 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 Lime, Wedges, for garnish
Process For Chipotle Lime Skirt Steak Recipe
- Place the steak on a sturdy surface, and pound flat using a meat mallet: first with the flat side, then with the pointed side. Try to get an even thickness of about 1/2″-3/4″ across the steak so that it cooks evenly.
- Place the meat in a non-reactive container, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour, up to four hours.
- Preheat your grill to 500-600 degrees F (very hot).
- Grill the steak for 3-4 minutes per side, until desired internal temperature is achieved. For skirt steak, we like a nice even medium (whereas with other cuts, we would almost always go medium rare).
- Remove from the grill, and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain, on a bias, for best results.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Meet The Chef
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from: Griddle & Grill 3 pack (Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Seafood Seasoning), Signature 3 pack (Adobo Seasoning, BBQ Rub, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning), Everyday AIP Blends 3 pack (Super Gyro, Breakfast Blend, and Garlic & Herb) and the all new Food Lovers pack (New Bae, Amore, and Jerk).