Here’s a simple, yet delicious and savory meal…Paleo Beef Polish Sausage Casserole! A casserole is great for gatherings because it’s easy to adjust the amounts for more or fewer guests. Marla Sarris recommends using collard greens or swiss chard in this dish. Combined with US Wellness Meats Beef Polish Sausage, you’ll have a flavorful combination.
Recipe Author: Marla Sarris
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: Beef Polish Sausage
PHOTO CREDIT: Marla Sarris
- 3 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 bunch organic collard greens or organic swiss chard, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried marjoram or (1 fresh bunch)
- 1 (3oz) portobello mushroom cap, chopped
- 1lb grass-fed beef polish sausage
- coarse ground sea salt, to taste
Directions For Beef Polish Sausage Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add sliced carrots, celery, collard greens, minced garlic, chopped onion, marjoram and mushroom to a glass oblong baking dish.
- Remove casings from beef sausage and use kitchen sheers (or a knife) to cut each link into slices.
- Add sausage to the dish along with a sprinkle of sea salt. Stir to combine ingredients so everything’s blended. Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until sausage is done.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Here’s a link to the original recipe on Marla’s blog.
Our thanks to Marla Sarris who is the creator of this and many other amazing recipes. Marla is the co-author of the cookbook, Pigskin Paleo and executive producer of the film, Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things. She’s also authoring a new cookbook, Paleo MX: Authentic Mexican Recipes, which we’re anticipating. You can learn more about Marla here.