Bippity boppity boo, the Fairy Gutmother has delivered another sensational recipe with US Wellness Meats grass-fed products! In the YouTube link below, Carley begins by sharing the benefits of cooking meats with the bone in and different options for bone-in cuts. When left in the cut of meat during the cooking process, the bone adds flavor and nutrients to the dish, as they are extracted from bone to meat. Saving and repurposing the bone for a nourishing bone broth is a great idea.
Paired with her gut-pleasing Cucumber Kraut Slaw, Carley demonstrates how to sear, bake, and enjoy her favorite bone-in cut: lamb chops.
Oven Roasted Grass-Fed Lamb Chops
Recipe & Photos by Carley Smith | Fairy Gutmother
USWM Shopping List: Lamb Loin Chops, Ghee
- Lamb Chops
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Optional garnishes: thyme and goat’s milk feta
- Optional: Cucumber Kraut Slaw
- 1½ cup sauerkraut
- Sliced red onion
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 tbsp celery seeds
- Salt and pepper
- With your skillet on the stove top, turn the temperature to high and begin to melt a couple tablespoons of ghee. (As a saturated fat, ghee has a higher smoke point and works well with high temperatures.)
- Season all sides of the lamb chops with sea salt and black pepper. Carley loves the lamb flavor as is, but feel free to add any of your favorite seasonings.
- Sear the chops for 3 minutes on each side in the skillet, and then transfer to the oven at 400°F for 8-10 minutes for a medium cook (adjust time for your preferred temperature).
- Optional: assemble the Cucmber Kraut Slaw by adding the sauerkraut (great for increasing benefical bacteria in the gut), sliced red onions, grated cucumber, celery seeds, and salt and pepper.
- Once the lamb chops are cooked to your preferred temperature, plate and season them with fresh thyme, goat’s milk feta, salt and pepper, and enjoy them with the cucumber kraut salad.
Browse the Discover Blog for more nutrition-packed recipes and kitchen tips!
Carley Smith, aka The Fairy Gutmother, is a Nutritional Therapist and Certified GAPS Practitioner with a passion for helping others improve their gut & immune health. Carley was diagnosed with Lyme disease and practiced the ancient art of healing through food. Please visit Carley’s Featured Chef page and Fairy Gutmother for more information.