This oven roasted duck with rosemary honey glaze from Carley Smith will enliven all of your senses. Enjoy the savory smells from the kitchen while this is roasting. Your family or guests will be delighted by this mouth watering creation.
“If you are a fan of sweet and savory (like me) then you will love this recipe. The honey makes for the most amazing crispy skin combined with seasonings and fresh rosemary for the ultimate flavor combo. Plus, this duck carcass made into a bone broth is one of the most tasty broths you will ever have!” – Carley Smith
Recipe Author: Carley Smith/The Fairy Gutmother
PHOTO CREDIT: Carley Smith/Fairy Gutmother
- 1 whole Duck
- 1/2C honey
- 1C bone broth
- 2TBS coconut aminos
- 4 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tsp Redmond real salt seasoning
- 1TBS Duck fat
Instructions For Oven Roasted Duck With Rosemary Honey Glaze:
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- To make the sauce, combine honey and broth in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. When honey begins to melt, add rosemary, sea salt and seasoning and combine well. After sauce begins to boil, reduce to simmer and add coconut aminos. Simmer on low for about 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, pat the duck dry with a paper towel. Coat the bottom of a roasting pan with duck fat (or any choice of fat like grass-fed butter or ghee, I used duck because of the flavor).
- Place duck in dish and lightly coat with a tablespoon of duck fat. Pour glaze over duck, evenly coating the entire bird.
- Place in oven and roast for about an hour. Every 25 minutes spoon the sauce at the bottom of the dish over bird to maintain flavor.
- Serve garnished with extra rosemary.
Meet The Recipe Author:
Carley Smith, aka The Fairy Gutmother, is a Nutritional Therapist and Certified GAPS Practitioner with a passion for helping others improve their gut & immune health. Carley was diagnosed with Lyme disease and practiced the ancient art of healing through food. Please visit Carley’s Featured Chef page and Fairy Gutmother for more information.