Recipe Author: Ansley Wogsland
Our thanks to Ansley Wogsland, USWM May 2019 Featured Chef, for sharing this Organic Spicy Cauliflower Rice recipe.
I used to enjoy a great dirty rice dish. Currently, my diet is 100% grain free. So, I wanted to create an organic, clean version that’s grain free and lower in carbohydrates.
This recipe has simple and easy ingredients. It’s also a fast meal to make. I buy cauliflower rice at Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. Many grocery stores are now carrying it. I buy the Jovial organic jarred tomatoes at Earthfare or Whole Foods. I love these because they are organic and in a glass jar. They don’t have any added preservatives. I avoid canned food as much as possible too. Glass is much safer. If you do buy canned, always buy BPA free. Also, always buy your spices organic.
The most labor intensive part of the recipe is cutting the onions and pressing the fresh organic garlic, which really doesn’t take much time at all. I strongly recommend using fresh organic garlic and a garlic press. I don’t recommend buying the minced in the jar. Freshly pressed organic garlic brings incredible flavor to any dish.
I hope you enjoy this, and it puts a little fire in your mouth in just the right way! If it is too spicy or not spicy enough, feel free to adjust accordingly.
PHOTO CREDIT: Organic Spicy Cauliflower Rice by Ansley Wogsland
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 30 min
USWM Shopping List: Grass-fed Ground Beef
- 12 oz bag frozen organic cauliflower rice (salt only added)
- 1 Tablespoon Organic crushed red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon organic freshly pressed garlic (I don’t recommend prepackaged minced garlic)
- 1/2 cup organic diced tomatoes (Jovial is the brand recommended in a glass jar.)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped organic onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or real sea salt
- 1 cup previously cooked grass fed ground beef or other protein of choice
- Additional toppings: sliced avocado or organic sliced lime
- Heat oil in a stainless steel skillet or cast iron skillet on medium low.
- Add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer and stir occasionally for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add frozen organic cauliflower rice, tomatoes, salt and grass fed beef or other protein to the skillet.
- Bring to a slight boil, then turn heat down to medium low.
- Simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with the optional toppings of sliced avocado and freshly squeezed lime if desired.
Meet The Chef:
Ansley Wogsland is a Certified Primal Health Coach and Clean Living Blogger. Visit her at Destination Clean Living where she shares recipes, knowledge, research, personal experiences, and a little piece of her heart as she works to overcome 25+ years of chronic illness. All of Ansley’s recipes are very simple with minimal ingredients. Clean eating doesn’t have to be complicated. Her recipes are gluten, grain, dairy, soy, peanut and refined sugar free.